We’re bringing back our Five for Friday series, letting you know 5 tidbits about Austin’s most anticipated events. This week, we are kicking it off with Mack, Jack & McConaughey:
1. The event is actually two days filled with multiple celebrity-filled, one-of-a-kind events throughout Austin. Thursday, April 11th starts it all with an Opening Gala Night featuring John Mellencamp and Dale Watson at the ACL Live theater. For sponsors and VIP guests, the evening commences with red carpet cocktails and dinner. For those who want to still be a part of the night and see the show, individual tickets are available starting at $65.
2. Friday has events that appeal to the sports enthusiast, fashionista and music lover. If you don’t make it a late night, Barton Creek Country Club is the place to be the next morning for MJ&M Celebrity Classic Golf Tournament. Mack Brown and James Street host a celebrity and supporter mixed 18-holes on the Fazio Foothills course. Scheduled players include Colt McCoy, Ricky Williams, Earl Campbell and more – see here for a full list.
Shortly after the morning hour across town at Neiman Marcus, Camila McConaughey, Amy Ingram and Sally Brown host an intimate fashion show showcasing Texas-native designer Lela Rose. Then Friday evening, it’s back to ACL Live for the Jack and Friends Concert with Jack Ingram and featuring Kris Kristofferson with special guests. The second night performance is even more affordable with tickets starting at just $29!
3. The hosts for the two days of events are notable locals Sally & Mack Brown, Amy & Jack Ingram, and Camila & Matthew McConaughey.
4. The joint fundraising effort is the first in an annual tradition for a local “BIG effort, with BIG name celebrities, and BIG fun events, all with the mission to give back in a BIG way.” And, speaking of giving back…
5. MJ&M is an effort of the Sally and Mack Brown Foundation to support programs that empower kids through Health & Fitness, Arts & Culture, and Education. Each year, MM&J will select organizations that reflect these goals, and for 2013 they include: The Rise School, j.k. livin foundation, HeartGift, CureDuchenne and Grounded in Music – empowering children locally and nationwide.