It’s the end of the week, which means it must be time for another installment of our Five for Friday feature, where we give you five fun facts about an upcoming event. Today, we feature the Downtown Living Tour, organized by the Downtown Austin Neighborhood Association (DANA), which takes place this Sunday, May 19, from 10:30am to 5pm at a variety of locations across the central city.
So put your urban thinking caps on kids, and see if you are as knowledgeable about downtown living as you think you are! For instance, did you know:
1. While you may think that downtown living is all about walking (well, it is…but…), on Sunday complimentary, air-conditioned shuttles will take attendees from one stop to the next starting at 11am. Champagne, cocktails and snacks will be provided at tour stops along the way. Sounds like our kind of Sunday!
2. If you just can’t hang with the masses or need an occasional oasis, and let’s face it…if you’re reading this you’re probably already a VIP, now aren’t you? The Tour’s VIP tickets include shuttle service, a tote bag filled with luxurious items, entry to the VIP reception at the Four Seasons and all other properties on the tour, along with private tours at select locations.
3. The 2013 event marks the 9th annual edition of the Downtown Living Tour? Nine years ago, there was a very limited pool of places from which to choose to live downtown. My, how far our Little City has come.
4. There’s one place where it all begins and ends…but you can take it at your own pace. Will Call, registration, and shuttle headquarters will be located at The Whitley. You’re encouraged to walk, bike (a limited number of electric bikes will be provided by Rocket Electrics), pedi-cab, or take Cap-Metro if you wish to do all or part of the tour on your own.
5. A portion of the Downtown Living Tour proceeds benefit ECHO, an organization dedicated to ending homelessness in Austin?
With the weather heating up, sounds like this should make for a great way to stay cool on your Sunday Fun Day.
General Admission tickets are $25, with a limited number of VIP tickets available for $85. Purchase tickets and see the latest participating locations HERE. Don’t have time to buy online? Tickets will also be available Sunday at The Whitley on 3rd and San Jacinto.